Friday, December 12, 2008

A Penny For My Thoughts

I ran across this column A Penny For My Thoughts through my newspaper advisor, Matthew Connolly. I'm the photo editor for our school newspaper, The Accent. This column is talking about the possible future of newspapers and how some are outsourcing to India. This is exactly what's wrong with our country, it's all about making money, it's all about greed. I would like to go into the newspaper industry as a photojournalist. More and more I'm hearing that my future in that field is uncertain. At the very least I would have to be a videographer and reporter as well. Video I don't mind so much but I'm not really a reporter.

The author of the column Maureen Dowd doesn't seem to take a stance on this issue. As someone with hopefully a future in the newspaper business and the photography business I personally like to have a hard copy. I mean I prefer reading a newspaper to staring at my computer screen. I prefer to hold a beautiful print of a photo than looking at a digital image on my computer. That's just me. As for outsourcing, I think that's the worst idea. Who will have jobs in America if we keep outsourcing? I mean really, where does it stop? Save a little money, fire American workers.

1 comment:

kh said...

Hi
I am Khalid from Egypt

at the first I want to say that I am not good at English .

do you know that you are good you do not accept the gob if it is not reach you to your goal to your target so I respect you